Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation Again!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of tomorrow. I have so much to do and all I can do to prepare for it at this hour is pack (surprisingly done) and paint my nails. I get to see my sister tomorrow who just turned 21! Yay! Happy Birthday sis! Then I am spending a weekend away with the family at the "lake house" lol. I cannot wait to just relax with the family. Hearing myself say that statement aloud made me realize how far my family relationships have come through the years. My family and I haven't always seen eye to eye on my life decisions, and I think I have fought them tooth and nail to allow me to be the person that I wanted to be and live the life I wanted to live. My sister and I, being four years apart, were never very close. My mother and I had a strained relationship for a while and my dad and brother always seemed to be fighting their own battle with each other. But as tomorrow approaches I cannot wait to spend time with them. I remember how desperate I was to leave home, to be on my own and live a life of guilty pleasure. I wanted to move as far away as possible and now that I am far away (only about an hour, but it is still considerable distance), I find myself escaping home almost every weekend for the comfort of the family network. I miss being with them, I miss being criticized and ridiculed for my idiotic lifestyle (ok let's not get too ahead of ourselves!) Bottom line is that I am really excited for a fantastic weekend with them and there truly is nowhere else I would rather be. I wouldn't rather be with friends, I am doing exactly what I want to be doing and it feels amazing.

[fighter] is going to come up tomorrow to officially meet the family, which I am nervous about. I am not nervous for him to actually meet the family. He truly is a great guy. He's funny, a little outside the box. Not what I typically date. He has a great heart and is personable and I know that my family can see that in people and will like him. There truly isn't anything not to like about him. He has a great head on his shoulders. I am more nervous about what it signifies. If it signifies anything at all and perhaps I am reading too much into it. When you are a teenager, it's customary for your parents to meet your boyfriends. They have a right to because you are not even of legal consent to actually decide if having a boyfriend is even right for you. When you are in your twenties and live on your own, the views of a "boyfriend" begin to shift a little. They are no longer someone who is just passing through your life. They represent a potential life other than the one you are enjoying now, alone. They could be a future husband. The future father to their grandchildren.

Maybe I'm getting a little far ahead of myself. Either way, point is, I can't wait to spend the next four days relaxing and now working!

No comments:

Post a Comment