Friday, January 24, 2014

My New Years Resolutions

I realize I am a almost about three weeks late but let's just say I rang in the new year in an entirely new way and have been a little preoccupied lately with the downward spiral that is my life.

I quit my job.  I moved to a new city.  I moved in with my boyfriend (Eeek)!  It has been a few weeks of nothing but change change change here in my neck of the woods!  So I needed a little bit of time to sit down and actually think about some of my new years resolutions for the year since so much has changed already.  However, as I looked back on 2013, I didn't do half of the things that I wanted to do or said I was going to do!  So this year is going to be different (I know I say that every year), but what will be different about it this year, is this list.  I have not made a new years resolution list in I don't know how long!  So this year is going to be different!

1. Continue to blog!  Start a day to day journal.  Even if nothing exciting happens, try and write in it everyday!
2. Take my vitamins and develop a better skincare routine.  I am so bad about washing my face and brushing my teeth twice a day.  I need to take better care of myself now so I don't look like I'm 50 in a year!
3. Complete my bucket list for the year (list coming soon)!
4. Find a job I love
5. Go back to school and find a career I will be passionate about
6. Stick to a workout routine.  Workout when I have time and don't stress when there is a day I truly don't have time to workout, but nonetheless, do not skip more than two days in a row!
7. Vow to visit a friend at least once a month.  Doesn't matter who or when or why, just maintain my relationships better and make sure I at least talk to those I don't see once a month.
8. Try and be less negative.  I have been a real Debbie Downer this last month.  I need to be more conscious of how my mood affects others and those that love me that are around me all the time (darling hubby).  I need to work on being more positive and happy even when my chips are down.
9. Drink more water, and drink less beer.  I've been really bad about this lately.
10. Kick my nicotine habit for good.  Yes I have been an off and on smoker for years and even when I cut back I still smoke about half a pack a week.  It's time to nix it for good.

I just generally want to have a year that I look back on and am proud of.  I need to find what I am passionate about and do what I love on a daily basis.  I've struggled with this in the past.  But I started this year by giving up things I didn't particularly love for someone I absolutely love and I'd say that's a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment