Monday, January 6, 2014

Things I've learned about being broke-ish

I have still not found a job which is causing me a high level of stress and anxiety these days.  I cannot help but think its a little bit of karma telling me I should have been pinching pennies all these years instead of spending a better part of my salary on red wine and shoes.  Good news is, those shoes are getting a lot more use since I no longer work in yoga pants, bad news is, I'm finding it difficult to put on pants everyday!  Yes this girl has 99 problems but sweatpants aren't one!  So I'm finding myself trying to not only pinch pennies but hoping if I rub the pennies hard enough a genie will pop out or something.

In case that you find yourself unemployed and not wanting to spend money, you have to find entertainment elsewhere and be creative about your spending or lack there of.

I have successfully managed to put together 5+ outfits for each staple piece of clothes in my closet.  I found new ways to dress things up, try outfits with a different pair of shoes, or just by adding a blazer over my favorite summer tank!  To be honest, I just wanted to put on a pair of pants.  Any pants, just a pair of pants.

If you close the bathroom door while taking a shower and turn the water up really hot, it sort of feels like a sauna.  And the best part is, you don't have to share it with people who awkwardly forget to wear their towel.  And you want to be real daring, turn on the shower and do some yoga in your bathroom!  It's like my own personal private hot yoga studio.

Speaking of fitness, since I have just moved here and have not found a gym yet I have resorted back to doing my p90x and Taebo fitness DVD's in lieu of my typical gym workout.  My ten pound dumbells may not be as efficient as the typical ones I lift, but hey, if I'm going to be broke, I mine as well be skinny!

You can successfully spend an entire day watching nothing but reality television.  When you have no drama in your life, well, when you really have nothing in your life, it's actually pretty fun to watch.  I am completely caught up with the Kardashians.  I wish I could list that as a skill on my resume.

If all else fails, always turn to social media.  If your facebook is anything like my own, you can easily find a few good people who you went to high school with that will always make you feel better about your life.  You could be unemployed with three baby daddies who don't pay child support.  Remember, it could always be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment