Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday Eve

Tomorrow is officially my birthday. Typically I hate birthdays. This birthday I am going to be alone, a year older and I am finally okay with it! Yes, I am actually embracing getting older! If you remember my last years birthday, I was completely indifferent to it. I felt that life had become stagnant and I was going nowhere and I wanted to do anything but turn 25. I am one of those people that doesn't count on the new year beginning on New Years Eve. I count the new year beginning on my birthday. And I have never been excited for a new year to begin. I honestly feel that this is MY year. A year of greatness.

Things I've learned this past year:

1. It's alright to stay in on a Saturday night and wake up refreshed on a Sunday morning with a glorious cup of coffee

2. My body will not always look like my mind believes it does, and visa versa. Be comfortable in your skin and beauty from the inside will resonate with you.

3. You can eat cookies for breakfast sometimes

4. Not everyone is going to like you or be nice to you, but you can choose to ignore it and surround yourself with amazing people who love you for who you are

5. There is truly no place like home, Dorothy was really onto something there

6. Who needs a boyfriend when you can become your own perfect relationship? Do things for yourself that you wish others would do (like take out the trash and carry 10 bags of groceries up in one trip), you'll feel empowered and never fight with yourself because the only expectations you set are for yourself.

7. Put yourself out there. Play. Be silly and never underestimate how great it feels to make a difference in the lives of others.

Today I am going to workout and clean my apartment so that I don't have to do anything tomorrow except shop online at the local coffee shop and visit a bookstore before work. It's my birthday, I can do what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment