Tuesday, March 23, 2010

7 day challenge

I have come to the realization that I have what therapists like to call "an addictive personality." I drink, I smoke, I love boys, I have to constantly check my email, my facebook, and my blog. It's funny how I never forget to do my vices, but things on my to do list remain unchecked and very undone. In a world of texting and emailing and the internet, we have lost communication. So when posed with this challenge, I thought at first, no way. How could I go without at the very least checking my work email? I mean people have to get a hold of me. But then I realized there is the modern convenience of the telephone...or (gasp) face to face interaction! So beginning tomorrow, I am going to take the seven day challenge. No Internet! None! Not for any reason. Not for facebook, not for email, not for researching, not for blogging, for absolutely nothing. I am going to see if I can remain connected, while staying, disconnected, so to speak. So I have a podcast to listen to and then goodbye internet for one week. Can I do it? I'll let you know how I feel in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment