Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I want your life!

So I re-stumbled across this blog today, this blog about Julia Anderson, a media personality who is literally living the life I wish I was living. And I mean this, literally. She is a writer. She writes about relationships, or did, I can't quite tell if that is what she still does by her blog. Her love for cupcakes, pink, sundresses and high heels completely mimics my passions in life, and on top of that she is a writer. Something I have always wanted to become and for some reason passed up the opportunity to go to a fantastic journalism school for some reason unbenownst to me. She is an inspiration and she doesn't even know it. I found myself submerged in her blog today, in her life. Dreaming of how inamored of my own life I would be if her life were in fact my own. Anyway, she put an exerpt in her blog from the book Eat, Pray, Love. This was a book that I began reading last summer and I have yet to finish it. Probably because I am envious of that author's life as well, but that is besides the point. However, this was the entry and I don't feel so alone in my dating quests anymore:

Let’s be honest - it might be a generous public service for me to leave intimacy alone for a while. When I scan back on my romantic record, it doesn’t look so good. It’s been one catastrophe after another. How many more different types of men can I keep trying to love and continue to fail? Think of it this way—if you’d had ten serious traffic accidents in a row, wouldn’t they eventually take your driver’s license away? Wouldn’t you kind of want them to?

I couldn't help but laugh. Hello, Michele's life. This is how I feel sometimes. In fact I felt this way today. I was about ready to just give up dating altogether today. Tell the banker that I am just not that into him, tell the fighter that I felt he just was not into me enough and tell "cake" that I am just not that interested in a sugary treat at this point. Say the hell with all of them and focus on my career, the things I love and tracking down a gorgeous new pair of high heel shoes. That will make me feel better. It always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment