Monday, May 24, 2010

Life Update

Yes blogger, once again my life is in shambles! Not shambles per say but it is blogs like this that sometimes make me wish for a less crazy life. I can go a weekend without blogging and have so many updates that I need to write them done because my original goal was to do so and look back on my year in rememberence of where I have been. So I need to write about what has happened so that I know.

We took a trip to Kelley's island on Saturday for my cousins graduation from college. First island trip of the summer and it was a great time! It is moments like those, when you are sitting on a boat, in the middle of Lake Erie, cracking open your first adult beverage and feeling free of responsibility that make me love life so much. Sometimes I think that my crazy life allows me to enjoy these moments more when they do occur.

Speaking of moments that I enjoy that do not occur on as much of a regular basis as I wish they would. The fighter asked me out on another date and came out here yesterday. We went to dinner, spent some time walking around the city and then went and saw a foreign film that people were raving about being one of the goriest films of today's time (How romantic I know!) Again, we had a fantastic time together and each and every time I spend with him I truly like him more and more, but when I am not with him there is something oddly missing. Mainly a connection of any sort. For example, I text him today and he did not even respond back. I know I have complained about this is recent posts so I will not continue to complain, but when you like someone, do you not want to exchange conversation? Or at the very least just engage in conversation from time to time to simply keep connected? Is that so odd to do with someone you are "dating?" I think I can call it dating at this point. Perhaps there is another term for what we are doing. So in the meantime, I get bored and that is when my mind wanders and I become distracted and I do stupid things...like tonight for example.

I am on my way home from work and a "friend" texts me and asks if him and his friend can come by to kill sometime before they were going to go out. What prompted me to say ok was beyond me but I do always. They came over, cooked me dinner and I end up going out for a few drinks. Run into his "girlfriend." Me being the ex girlfriend, this situation was quite awkward and humorous all at the same time but nonetheless I wonder why we keep doing this. Why do we both seem to use each other as our anti-dating crutch. Both interested in other people, both potentially in love with each other and both the best of friends with a relationship that people would be envious of. He is my best friend. I tell him everything. He is always there for me in the most ironic way possible. Is it the comfort because I know he will always be there? Possible. But in my heart I know this is the case. I can always call him or text him and he has always come through for me when I have needed him the most. Maybe it's because I don't need for much but in a weird twisted act of fate, we have the most perfect non-relationship a couple could ask for. It's not love. Love would not allow two people to love each other whole heartedly and pursue other people. Would It?

No comments:

Post a Comment