Monday, May 10, 2010

Wonders...

I have come to realize how bad I am at this stage in relationships. In my everyday life I am the kind of person that wants everything RIGHT NOW! I can rationalize with my head and say that my heart knows this is not the way relationships work and my head with rebuddle with strong arguments for why it should be aggressive but it will still comply with my heart and be patient. Still it remains to be an ongoing argument that I am acting as the mediator in each day. I like this guy and when I am with him I feel like he is interested. We have an amazing chemistry. A friendship that would have anyone envious of and yet still an attraction there that would give it all the potential of turning into a fantastic relationship. Though things are progressing, they are not doing so in ways that I would have thought they would. I don't know if I am being too irrational and don't want to come off as crazy or perhaps I am not being irrational enough and I am sending off the vibe that I am not interested.

The fighter came over last night and we were going to go and see a movie. That didn't happen. Instead he comes over, I ask him to help me fix my window and the next thing we know, it is almost midnight and here we were just laughing until our stomachs hurt and having an amazing time just talking. The time completely flew by without awknowledgement and we both said how great it was to just be able and chill out and have a great conversation, something neither of us get to do very often in the daily grind of our busy schedules. He implied multiple times that we were dating. Saying how there are probably other couples out there on dates in awkward silences with nothing to talk about and here we are having an amazing time, or telling me how one day when I come out to his house or that in a few months from now if we're still dating...point is, he said we were dating, so there is no more confusion on that end. At least he considers what we are doing as dating, which is refreshing because I was starting to question if he was even into me or not.

However, here is what I am confused on. He has yet to call me, unless he was on his way over or had arrived at my house. He doesn't call to talk ever. He rarely even texts. Even though he has agreed every time, I have always been the one to initiate doing something. Why is this? Why can he not pick up the phone and call. Not everyday but maybe just once in a while. It's just bringing up a lot of questions I have about his personality and I wonder if it's something I'm willing to sacrifice if that is just how he is. I want to know about him, how his day was, what his work schedule is like, what his life is like. I thought this was normal when you like someone. Even though he remembers details about things I have told him about myself, doesn't he wonder the same things about me?

Maybe it will get there. It will only be three weeks this week since our first official date, I suppose you could say. I suppose when you put a time frame on it like that, it doesn't seem to fast. I have only hung out with him five times within the last month what more can I expect from this guy? It's only been a month! So I suppose writing this just made me realize I think I am expecting too much too soon. I like this guy, I want to be territorial and claim him as my own. But it is a little too early for that so I will remain to be patient. He just needs to throw me a little bit of a bone here soon or I am going to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment